Training and speaking
Elizabeth is a confident public speaker, media spokesperson and speech writer. She runs training workshops, facilitates events and meetings, and acts as rapporteur.
Training, speaking and facilitation examples:
- 2017: Co-presented in global webinar on lessons learned in the UNICEF Eastern and Southern Africa programme monitoring and response (PMR) Initiative.
- 2016: Human interest story training workshop for UNICEF Ethiopia as part of a field trip to conduct research for human interest stories on preventing child marriage.
- 2015: Writing speech for UNICEF Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) Deputy Director for the Third Conference of African Ministers responsible for CRVS, Côte D’Ivoire.
- 2011-2013: Website development and training on content management system for staff, at Oxfam GB for the Emergency Capacity Building Project.
- 2012: Speech at the House of Commons on sexualised imagery in advertising. Follow-up workshop with Anna van Heeswijk of Object, at London advertising agency Proximity.
Various other workshops and presentations including lectures at Universities on subjects such as depictions of refuges in the media; human rights journalism; and the conflict in South Sudan (see right).