7 June 2021: My new report launches today. This was a labour of love, pro bono project for Adfree Cities: At What Cost? – The impacts of advertising and consumerism on human, community and planetary well-being. The report tackles the environmental and social problems perpetuated by irresponsible advertising and consumerism, using the framework of international human rights law.
The report brings together evidence on the multiple rights violations perpetrated by advertising and associated excessive consumption, and acts as an extensive advocacy guide for campaigners, policymakers, academics, grassroots organisations and all those concerned with upholding human rights and environmental protection.
- See the report page here: https://adfreecities.org.uk/our-reports/at-what-cost/
- Download the full length 100 page report here: https://adfreecities.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/At-What-Cost-FINAL.pdf
- Download the 15 page summary here: https://adfreecities.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/At-What-Cost_-Summary-Report-version-2.pdf
- Find out more about the articles in international human rights law that provide protection against the harms from advertising and which can be used to challenge unethical advertising and consumerism.
- Find out more about some of the initiatives that aim to reframe people and communities as rights-holding citizens, not just economy-supporting consumers, and to protect and reclaim the environment.
See and share the report infographics below: