In this section you can find articles and resources on my work in the humanitarian aid sector.
Please see examples of Elizabeth’s work and writing on humanitarian assistance and emergencies below:
- July 2021 South Sudan: Update on the Situation Analysis of Children and Women in South Sudan 2018–2020, UNICEF. Access the full 192 page report here and a trifold leaflet here.
- May 2021 Climate-conflict-poverty nexus: Presentation on the UN security council debate on climate change and global security in February 2021 and how the socioeconomic impact of COVID-19 is exacerbating the conflict-climate change nexus, and being incorporated into the UN narrative and policy as “the new normal”
- January 2021 Children on the move: Pilot study of children on the move using the Southern Route in Eastern and Southern Africa
- December 2020 C4D integration into humanitarian response: Cyclone Idai | Integration of C4D into the humanitarian response in Malawi, Mozambique and Zimbabwe multi-country case study
- October 2020 Climate change: Editing and gender inputs to The Climate Crisis: Climate Change Impacts, Trends and Vulnerabilities of Children in Sub-Saharan Africa for UNICEF ESARO
- September 2020 Accountability to Affected Populations: Editing and gender inputs to Accountability to Affected People (AAP) into Country Office Planning Cycles for UNICEF ESARO
- August 2020 COVID-19: COVID-19 in Africa update to child rights report for UNICEF NYHQ
- May 2020 HIV integration into humanitarian response: Cyclone Idai | Integration of HIV into the humanitarian response in Malawi, Mozambique and Zimbabwe multi-country case study
- May 2020 Food security: Synthesis of evidence and lessons from the World Food Programme (WFP) policy evaluations (2011-2019)
- 2018, 2019, 2020 South Sudan: Author of UNICEF South Sudan Country Office Annual Reports for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- March 2016 South Sudan: Speaker at Development and Disasters Conference, Bath Spa University. The conflict in South Sudan: Lessons from a man made emergency.
- 2015 Children on the Move: Case Study on Improved Child Protection in Emergencies Preparedness and Response to Cross-Border Movements of Children in the Great Lakes Region, UNICEF 2015 (internal document, unpublished)
- 2011-2013 Emergency capacity building: Copywriting and editing for the Emergency Capacity Building (ECB) Project newsletter on subjects including Joint Needs Assessment approaches to emergency responses in Indonesia, and the launch of a Cluster Accountability Initiative.
- June 2012 Humanitarian partnerships: Consolidating editorial feedback and inputting to a guide on humanitarian collaboration What We Know About Collaboration: the ECB Country Consortium Experience
- 2012 Emergency capacity building: Copywriting a series of leaflets and posters and website content for the ECBinter-active humanitarian conference series, on subjects including Accountability and Impact Measurement (pictured), Emergency Simulations, and Staff Capacity Building.